You can find us upstairs: The Walkabout: Wiston Terrace (off Friar Street) Reading RG1 1DG **NB The venue is licensed for 18 and over ** http://www.walkaboutbars.co.uk/venues/reading/details
Also be aware of some great food and drink deals before 7pm at the
Walkabout (50% OFF MONDAY TO THURSDAY 5PM TO 7PM). #happyhour
Theme: Electric vehicles & the impact on our energy system
- 8:00pm Welcome and Introductions
- 8:05pm Electric Vehicle Disruption (Mike Potter – MD DriveElectric)
- 8:30pm Networking & beers
- 8:45pm Short announcements/updates*
- 8:50pm Steering to a smarter system – Electric Vehicles and the grid (Anthony Simpson – University of Reading)
- 9:15pm Reverse engineering VW (e-Golf) Can (Mercion Wilathgamuwage)
- 9:35pm Q&A Panel
- 10:00pm End (Networking and beers downstairs)
Mike Potter, MD of DriveElectric, EV leasing and smart charging company. Was the first company in the UK to lease a Tesla.
Anthony Simpson, University of Reading, EV research and developing commercial models for smart charging.
Mercion Wilathgamuwage, Reverse engineering VW Can – Extracting more information out of my VW e-Golf.
Usual format is to gather from 7:30pm and commence the talks at 8:00pm. Talks are ~20mins + Q&A with a break of 20mins for networking and beer.
*Before the second session there is an opportunity for any short announcements so please let us know on the night if you would like a slot or 1-2mins.
FYI: BCS (Berkshire) Social Tech Group meet up (7PM) before our talks. Its a great opportunity for food, drinks, networking and discussions about IT technology, business and advice.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Coming soon… Reading Science & Tech Meetup Groups Xmas Gathering 🙂
If you are interested in giving a talk at an upcoming event please contact us via twitter: @RDGGeekNight, Facebook or email us: talks [at] rdggeeknight.org